Tuesday, December 6, 2011

What’s Your Favorite Hanukkah Music?

I was in Staples yesterday and noticed (perhaps later than you have) that the Christmas music was already blasting throughout the store. Now, I'm no Grinch (I'm a huge fan of Vince Guaraldi's Charlie Brown Christmas soundtrack and our interfaith family has a lot of other Christmas music in our collection), but it did make me long for my favorite Hanukkah music.

My absolute favorite Hanukkah album (and now a staple of our family’s December playlist) is “Hanukkah Rocks” by The LeeVees. Trust me, with songs like “How Do You Spell Channukkahh,” “Applesauce vs. Sour Cream,” “Kugel,” and “Latke Clan” you can’t help getting excited for Hanukkah and the anticipation of spending time with family and friends. The music is infectious and the lyrics range from funny to touching - making “Hanukkah Rocks” one of my favorite CDs/iTunes downloads to share. Definitely check out the links above and let me know what you think.

What about you? What’s your favorite Hanukkah music? Are you a fan of the classics or have you discovered new favorites (like Matisyahu’s “Miracle” from 2010)? Share your favorites in the comments!

- Michael Goff

No comments:

Post a Comment